No. S 310
Road Traffic Act
Road Traffic (Motor Vehicles, Registration and Licensing) (Amendment No. 4) Rules 2000
1. These Rules may be cited as the Road Traffic (Motor Vehicles, Registration and Licensing) (Amendment No. 4) Rules 2000 and shall come into operation on 1st July 2000.
2. Rule 15(2)(c) of the Road Traffic (Motor Vehicles, Registration and Licensing) Rules (R 5) (referred to in these Rules as the principal Rules) is amended by inserting, immediately after the words “vintage cars”, the words “and classic cars”.
3. The principal Rules are amended by inserting, immediately after rule 33, the following rule:
—(1) The Registrar may, in his discretion, upon application in an approved form by the owner of a motor car which is not less than 35 years old, re-register the motor car as a classic car.
(2) In granting an application under paragraph (1), the Registrar may impose such conditions as he thinks fit.
(4) No classic car may be re-registered as any other type of motor car.”.
4. The principal Rules are amended by inserting, immediately after rule 38, the following rule:
—(1) Every licence for a classic car shall be subject to the restriction that the classic car shall not be driven on any road at any time unless there is in force a supplementary licence issued under Part IV for that vehicle.
(2) The fee payable for a licence for a classic car shall be $280 for 12 months.
(3) Notwithstanding rule 36(2), every licence for a classic car shall be valid for a period of 12 months or for such shorter period as the Registrar may think fit.”.
5. The principal Rules are amended by inserting, immediately after rule 55, the following rule:
—(1) The Registrar may, upon issuing a licence under Part III for a classic car, issue without any charge to the owner of the classic car 28 supplementary licences for every period of 12 months for which the licence issued is valid or, if the licence is issued for a shorter period, the largest whole number obtained if the supplementary licences are issued in the same proportion in relation to the period of the licence issued under Part III.
(2) Rule 56 shall apply to the supplementary licences that are issued in respect of any classic car.”.
[G.N. Nos. S 535/99; S226/2000; S 246/2000; S 261/2000]
[LTA/LG/43.16.04; AG/LEG/SL/276/97/13 Vol. 2]