No. S 511
Road Traffic Act
Road Traffic (Motor Vehicles, Registration and Licensing) (Amendment No. 8) Rules 2009
1. These Rules may be cited as the Road Traffic (Motor Vehicles, Registration and Licensing) (Amendment No. 8) Rules 2009 and shall come into operation on 23rd November 2009.
2. Rule 55 of the Road Traffic (Motor Vehicles, Registration and Licensing) Rules (R 5) is deleted and the following rule substituted therefor:
—(1) The Registrar may, upon an application being made and on payment of the prescribed fee, issue a supplementary licence to the registered owner of an off-peak car to permit the off-peak car to be driven on any road during the times specified in the Fifth Schedule.
(2) Each supplementary licence shall be for a period of one day and subject to paragraph (3), the fee for a supplementary licence shall be $20.
(3) The Registrar may, upon issuing a licence under Part VI for an off-peak car, issue without any charge to the registered owner of the off-peak car supplementary licences to permit it to be driven on any road during the times specified in the Fifth Schedule as follows:
5 supplementary licences for every period of 12 months for which the licence issued is valid; or
if the licence is issued for a shorter period, the largest whole number obtained if the supplementary licences are issued in the same proportion in relation to the period of the licence issued under Part VI.
(4) Paragraph (3) shall apply only to off-peak cars —
which have been re-registered as off-peak cars before 1st September 1994.
(5) The Registrar may, before issuing a supplementary licence, require the applicant to furnish such particulars or documents as he deems necessary.
(6) Without prejudice to the right to apply under paragraph (8) or (10), non-electronic supplementary licences may not be used after 22nd November 2009.
(7) A supplementary licence shall be in force only if —
the registered owner of an off-peak car issued with the supplementary licence has notified the Registrar, in the manner required by the Registrar, of his usage of the supplementary licence by submitting the identification mark of the off-peak car and the year, month and date of usage; and
the notification is received before the expiry of the day immediately following the date of usage, regardless of public holidays.
(8) The registered owner of an off-peak car or holder of a non-electronic supplementary licence may apply to the Registrar to cancel his unused supplementary licence or non-electronic supplementary licence, as the case may be, and for a refund of the fee paid, and the Registrar may, in his discretion and subject to such conditions as the Registrar may specify, grant a refund of the fee paid for the unused supplementary licence to the registered owner, or in the case of a non-electronic supplementary licence, to the holder thereof.
(9) The Registrar may, in his discretion, refund the fee paid for a supplementary licence issued under paragraph (1) to the registered owner of an off-peak car when —
the off-peak car has been declared non-user under rule 53;
the off-peak car is destroyed, scrapped or exported;
the off-peak car is taken permanently off the roads;
the off-peak car is seized under any written law;
the off-peak car is re-registered as a private motor car;
the registration of the off-peak car is transferred to another person; or
(10) Upon the application of the registered owner of an off-peak car, the Registrar may, in his discretion and subject to such conditions as he may specify, assign an unused supplementary licence to such person or such off-peak car as the Registrar may allow, or alter the date of the unused supplementary licence.
(11) In this rule, “supplementary licence” shall, unless the context otherwise requires, mean electronic supplementary licence.”.
3. Rule 56 of the Road Traffic (Motor Vehicles, Registration and Licensing) Rules is amended —
by inserting, immediately after the words “supplementary licence” in paragraph (1), the words “in respect of a classic car that is issued under rule 55A”; and
by deleting the words “during the times specified in the Fifth Schedule” in paragraph (2).
[G.N. Nos. S 812/2004; S 813/2004; S 226/2005; S 248/2005; S 398/2005; S 540/2005; S 90/2006; S 125/2006; S 476/2006; S 505/2006; S 38/2007; S 116/2007; S 202/2007; S 365/2007; S 467/2007; S 608/2007; S 610/2007; S 739/2007; S 105/2008; S 289/2008; S 311/2008; S 429/2008; S 502/2008; S 519/2008; S 151/2009; S 205/2009; S 225/2009; S 279/2009; S 318/2009; S 330/2009; S 510/2009]
[LTA/RY/IE/RT(MVR)/05/08; AG/LEG/SL/276/2005/3 Vol. 6]