—(1) All and any sums payable by or recoverable from the owner in respect of the costs and expenses incurred by the Authority in connection with the execution of any work which are, under this Act, recoverable from the owner of any premises shall, subject and without prejudice to any other rights of the Authority, be a first charge on the premises in respect of which the costs and expenses were incurred.
(2) In addition to any other remedies conferred by this Act, any such sum may be recovered in the manner hereinafter provided, and the person liable to pay it shall be the owner for the time being of any premises in respect of which any sum is due.
(3) Any occupier who, when requested by or on behalf of the Authority to state the name of the owner of the premises, refuses or wilfully omits to disclose or wilfully mis-states the name shall, unless he shows cause to the satisfaction of the court for his refusal or mis-statement, be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $1,000.
(4) If any such sum remains unpaid at the expiration of the prescribed time, a notice shall be served upon the person or any one of the persons, if more than one, liable to pay it, calling on him to pay that sum together with a fee of such amount as may be prescribed for the cost of the notice, within 15 days of the service of such notice.
(5) If no person liable to pay the sum can be found, such notice shall be deemed to have been duly served by the posting thereof at the office of the Authority and by fixing a copy thereof on some conspicuous part of the premises in respect of which the costs and expenses were incurred.
(6) At the expiration of the said period of 15 days or such further period as may be allowed by the Authority, if any such sum or part thereof remains due and unpaid, it shall be deemed to be arrears and may be recovered as hereinafter provided.
(7) The charge referred to in subsection (1) shall attach, and the powers and remedies hereinbefore conferred shall become exercisable as from the date of completion of the work, and thereafter those powers and remedies may be exercised against the premises or against any movable property or crops for the time being found thereon, notwithstanding any change in the ownership or occupation of the premises subsequent to that date.
(8) The Authority may charge interest at a rate to be prescribed by the Authority on any sum remaining unpaid at the expiry of the prescribed time.