—(1) A person who is disqualified under section 7C from having the record in the register of his conviction within Singapore for any crime becoming spent may, at any time, apply to the Commissioner of Police to have the record treated as spent.
(2) An application by any person under subsection (1) shall be in such form and be accompanied by such documents, particulars and information as the Commissioner of Police may require.
(3) Upon receiving an application under subsection (1), the Commissioner of Police may ––
refuse to grant the application; or
grant the application.
(4) In determining whether to grant an application to treat the record in the register of the applicant’s conviction as spent, the Commissioner of Police shall have regard to the circumstances of the case, including the following factors:
the severity of the conviction for which the record is to be spent;
the severity of the sentence imposed for that conviction; and
the applicant’s conduct subsequent to the conviction.
(5) Where any document, particular or information given under subsection (2) is false in a material particular, the Commissioner of Police may, after giving the person concerned a reasonable opportunity to be heard (orally or in writing), revoke his grant of the application to treat the record in the register of the person’s conviction as spent, and the Registrar shall, without delay, expunge any entry made under section 7E(1)(b) in respect of that record.
(6) Nothing in this section shall be construed to prevent the prosecution, conviction and punishment of any person according to the provisions of any other written law for the time being in force.