—(1) The annual subscriptions (inclusive of goods and services tax) payable to the Academy, by the categories of members set out in the Fourth Schedule, shall be as specified in that Schedule.
(1A) For the purposes of paragraph (1), the category of a member is determined as at 1st January of each subscription year, or the date when the member first becomes a member, whichever is the later date.
(2) The annual subscription of a person who is a Fellow of the Academy by virtue of section 12 (c) or (d) of the Act shall be waived where he does not have in force a practising certificate and is not any of the following:
a member of the Senate;
a Legal Service Officer;
a teacher in law at any university or institution of higher learning; or
a person employed to perform legal work or the duties of a lawyer by the Government, a statutory body, a corporation or an unincorporated association.
(3) The annual subscription of every associate member who is a law student shall, unless otherwise directed by the Senate, be waived so long as the associate member remains a law student.
(4) Annual subscriptions shall be payable within 30 days of becoming a member and in respect of each subsequent calendar year thereafter shall be payable in advance on or before 1st January of that year.
(5) Where a member’s annual subscription is in arrears for more than 30 days, the Executive Committee may withdraw the privileges of the Academy from the member.
(6) The withdrawal of privileges from any member shall not prejudice the right of the Academy to recover the arrears of membership subscription due from the member.
(7) The Senate may, if it thinks fit, waive all or any part of the annual subscriptions.