—(1) A Magistrate’s Court, upon the sworn information of the Commissioner of Lands, or of any land revenue or other public officer, that any building has been erected or constructed upon State land without lawful authority, shall issue a summons calling upon any person interested to show cause why an order should not be made declaring the building to be State property and authorising its demolition by or under the authority of the Commissioner of Lands, or any land revenue or other public officer.
(2) That summons shall forthwith be posted or affixed by a court officer to the building referred to in the summons or as near thereto as may be practicable and no other service of the summons shall be necessary.
(3) If no bona fide application to show cause as aforesaid is made to the Magistrate’s Court issuing the summons by any person interested within 3 clear days of the date on which the summons is posted or affixed to the building, then the order shall be made by the Magistrate’s Court and may be enforced forthwith.
(4) If an application to show cause as aforesaid and supported by affidavit showing the grounds of the application is made to the Magistrate’s Court issuing the summons by a person interested within the time provided by subsection (3), then the Magistrate’s Court on being satisfied that the application is a bona fide one shall give notice of the application to the person swearing the information, shall fix a date for the hearing and determination of the information and shall give due notice thereof to the parties concerned.
(5) On the date so fixed for the hearing and determination of the information, the Magistrate’s Court shall proceed in a summary way in the presence of the parties, or in case of wilful absence of any of the parties, then in his or their absence, to hear and determine the information.
(6) The jurisdiction of that Court shall be taken away by a bona fide claim of title raised by a person interested at the hearing.
(7) In this section, “building” includes any structure whatsoever.
(8) The information and summons referred to in this section may be in the forms D and E in the Schedule.