—(1) Any period of time —
prescribed by these Rules; or
specified by the Registrar for doing any act or taking any proceedings,
may, at the request of the person or party concerned made in Form D16, be extended by the Registrar by such period and upon such terms as the Registrar considers fit.
(2) Before making a request for an extension of time, the person seeking the extension shall serve on every person or party likely to be affected by the extension a notice containing —
a statement of his intention to request for the extension, the period of extension requested for, and the reason for the extension; and
a request for the consent in writing of the person or party likely to be affected by the extension.
(3) The request for extension shall be made before the expiry of the period of time in question and shall be supported by —
a copy of the notice referred to in paragraph (2); and
the consent in writing of every person or party likely to be affected by the extension, if given.
(4) The Registrar may refuse to grant the extension if the person seeking the extension —
fails to show a good and sufficient reason for the extension; or
(5) Where a person or party on whom a notice referred to in paragraph (2) is served fails or refuses to give his consent to the extension within 2 weeks from the date of the notice, the Registrar may, if he is satisfied that a good and sufficient reason has been shown for the extension, grant the extension without having to conduct a hearing in accordance with rule 52.
(6) Paragraphs (1) to (5) shall not apply to the following matters:
the furnishing of any document, instrument or information required by the Registrar under rule 37(3);
the filing of a counter-statement to an application for revocation under rule 41;