—(1) An address for service in Singapore shall be filed by or on behalf of —
every applicant for registration of a design; and
every party to any other proceedings before the Registrar.
(2) Where a form is required to be filed under these Rules in relation to any such proceedings, being a form which requires the furnishing of an address for service, the address for service for those proceedings shall be filed using that form.
(3) The filing of an address for service in accordance with paragraph (2) shall be effective only for the matter for which the form is filed.
(4) An application requesting the Registrar to change an address for service shall be made on Form D1.
(5) Before acting on an application referred to in paragraph (4), the Registrar may require such proof of the alteration as he thinks fit.
(6) Anything given or sent to, filed with or served on a person at his address for service shall be taken to have been duly given or sent to, filed with or served on the person.
(7) Subject to any filing to the contrary under paragraph (1) or (4), the Registrar may —
treat the address for service of an applicant for registration of a design as that of the owner upon registration of that design; and
treat the trade or business address in Singapore of a person as his address for service.