—(1) The Commissioner may under section 25(2)(vii) appoint to be receiver and manager in respect of the property and affairs of a charity such person (other than an officer or employee of the charity) as he thinks fit.
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of section 42(1), any order made by the Commissioner under section 25(2)(vii) may make provision with respect to the functions to be discharged by the receiver and manager appointed by the order; and those functions shall be discharged by the receiver and manager under the supervision of the Commissioner.
(3) In connection with the discharge of those functions, any such order may provide —
for the receiver and manager appointed by the order to have such powers and duties of the governing board members of the charity concerned (whether arising under this Act or otherwise) as are specified in the order; and
(4) Where a person has been appointed receiver and manager by any such order, the Commissioner may apply to the High Court for directions in relation to any particular matter arising in connection with the discharge of those functions.
(5) The High Court may, on an application under subsection (4), give such directions or make such orders declaring the rights of any person (whether before the Court or not), as the Court thinks just; and the costs of any such application shall be paid by the charity concerned.
(6) The Minister may make regulations with respect to —
the appointment and removal of receivers and managers appointed in accordance with this section;
the remuneration of such receivers and managers out of the income of the charities concerned; and
the making of reports to the Commissioner by receivers and managers.
(7) Regulations made under subsection (6) may, in particular, authorise the Commissioner to require a receiver and manager so appointed to give security for the due discharge of his functions, to determine the amount of his remuneration, and to disallow any amount of remuneration in such circumstances as are prescribed by the regulations.
[UK Charities Act 1993, s. 19]