—(1) Every pension granted under these Regulations shall be subject to the condition that unless and until the member has reached the retirement age referred to in regulation 21 he may, if he is certified to be medically fit for service, be called upon by the Armed Forces Council to perform further service.
(2) If a member called upon to perform further service declines to do so, payment of his pension may be suspended by the Armed Forces Council until he has attained the retirement age referred to in regulation 21.
(3) If a member, who has been retired under regulation 22(f), (g) or (h) at his request, declines to perform or refuses to report for further service or any other form of service under the Enlistment Act (Cap. 93) or other written law, when he is certified to be medically fit for service, the Armed Forces Council may direct that the member shall forthwith cease to be eligible for any pension granted under these Regulations.
(4) Where a retired member renders further service under this regulation, the payment of his pension may, as the Armed Forces Council thinks fit, be suspended during the period of such further service.
(5) On his subsequent retirement in circumstances in which he may be granted a pension, he may subject to paragraph (6) be granted in lieu of his previous pension or gratuity, a pension computed as if the periods of his service had been continuous, and such pension may be based on his pensionable emoluments at the date of his previous or his final retirement from the Singapore Armed Forces, whichever is the greater.
(6) Where a pension is granted to a member under paragraph (5) and —
the member was granted a gratuity and reduced pension on his previous retirement, there shall be refunded to the Armed Forces Council the amount, if any, by which such gratuity together with the total amount of such reduced pension paid during the period of retirement exceeds the total amount of the pension at full rate which would have been payable during such period if the member had not so elected to receive that gratuity and reduced pension;
the member was granted a gratuity only on his previous retirement, there shall be refunded to the Armed Forces Council the amount, if any, by which such gratuity exceeds the total amount of the pension at the full pension rate which would have been payable during the period of retirement, if no regard had been had to the minimum period of service qualifying for a pension and the member had been granted a pension in respect of the service on account of which the gratuity was granted.
(7) In calculating a pension or gratuity granted in pursuance of paragraph (5) no account shall be taken for any purpose of the period during which the member was not in service.