On 10/12/2016, you requested the version in force on 10/12/2016 incorporating all amendments published on or before 10/12/2016. The closest version currently available is that of 30/09/2002.
10 April 1987
25 March 1992
30 September 2002
—(1) For the purposes of section 56(1)(b) of the Act, the prescribed notice of the intended making of a record of a musical work shall be a written notice given in accordance with this regulation by the person intending to make the record (referred to in these Regulations as the manufacturer).
(2) The notice shall be given not less than 15 days before any record on which the work to which the notice refers is reproduced is delivered to a purchaser or supplied for the purpose of retail sale.
(3) Subject to paragraphs (4) and (5), if the owner of the copyright in the musical work resides or carries on business in Singapore, the notice shall be given by service of the notice on the owner.
(4) Subject to paragraph (5), if the owner of the copyright in the musical work has appointed a person residing or carrying on business in Singapore as his agent for the purpose of receiving notices under section 56 of the Act, the notice may be given by service of the notice on the agent.
(5) If the manufacturer is unable, by reasonable inquiry, to ascertain the name, or an address for service in Singapore, of the owner of the copyright in the musical work or of a person appointed by the owner as his agent for the purpose of receiving notices under section 56 of the Act, the notice shall be given by publication of the notice in the Gazette.
(6) The notice given in accordance with paragraph (3) or (4) shall —
state that a person specified in the notice intends to make in Singapore a record of the musical work or part thereof and the address at which the person intends to make such records;
state the address of the place of residence or business of the manufacturer;
state the title, if any, of the work, and if that title is not sufficient to enable the work to be identified, contain a description of the work that is sufficient to enable the work to be identified;
if the record is to comprise a performance of the work in which words are sung, or are spoken incidentally to or in association with the music — state that fact;
if the identity of the author or publisher of the work is known to the person intending to make the record — state the name of the author or publisher;
set out any particulars known to the manufacturer that are necessary to enable the owner of the copyright to identify such a previous record of the musical work as is referred to in section 56(1)(a) of the Act;
state whether the record that is intended to be made is to be a disc, tape, paper or other device;
state the trade description that is intended to be placed on the label of the record and the proposed trade prefix and catalogue number of the record;
state the earliest date on which it is proposed to offer or expose the record for sale to the public in Singapore; and
state the proposed selling price to the public of the record.
(7) Where the notice is to be given by being published in the Gazette in accordance with paragraph (5), the notice shall contain the information referred to in paragraph (6)(a), (b), (c), (e) and (f) and shall state an address of a place in Singapore at which the information referred to in paragraph (6)(d), (g), (h), (i) and (j) may be obtained.
(8) Upon personal or written application at the address specified in a notice referred to in paragraph (7) by the owner of the copyright in the musical work or a person appointed by him as his agent for the purpose of making such an application, the manufacturer shall furnish that information to the owner or agent.