—(1) The Deputy Commissioner of Police may revoke or suspend an instructor’s licence —
if he is satisfied that the driving instructor —
has improperly obtained his licence contrary to the provisions of this Part or any rules made thereunder;
is no longer a fit and proper person to continue to hold an instructor’s licence by reason of his conduct or physical disability; or
is contravening or has contravened any of the provisions of this Part or any rules made thereunder; or
if he considers it in the public interest to do so.
(2) The Deputy Commissioner of Police shall, before revoking or suspending an instructor’s licence under subsection (1), give the driving instructor concerned notice in writing of his intention to do so specifying a date, not less than 14 days after the date of the notice, upon which such revocation or suspension shall be made and calling upon the driving instructor to show cause to the Deputy Commissioner of Police why his licence should not be revoked or suspended.
(3) Where the Deputy Commissioner of Police has revoked or suspended an instructor’s licence under subsection (1), he shall immediately inform the driving instructor concerned by notice in writing of the revocation or suspension.
(4) A driving instructor may, within 14 days of the receipt of the notice referred to in subsection (3), appeal in writing against the revocation or suspension to the Minister whose decision shall be final.
(5) An order of revocation or suspension shall not take effect until the expiration of a period of 14 days after the Deputy Commissioner of Police has informed the driving instructor concerned of the order.
(6) If within that period the driving instructor concerned appeals to the Minister, the order shall not take effect until it is confirmed by the Minister or the appeal is for any reason dismissed by the Minister.
(7) Where an order of revocation or suspension becomes effective under subsection (5), the driving instructor concerned shall, as from the date when the order becomes effective, cease to give instruction to any person in the driving of a motor vehicle.
(8) A driving instructor whose licence has been revoked under this section shall immediately surrender it to the Deputy Commissioner of Police.