—(1) In these Rules, unless the context otherwise requires —
“account holder” means a person registered as an account holder by the Registrar under rule 58B;
“authentication code” means an identification or identifying code, a password or any other authentication method or procedure that may be assigned to an account holder by the Registrar under rule 58C;
“Designs Journal” means the journal by that name published under rule 66A;
“electronic online system” means the electronic online system established under rule 58A;
“identification name” means an identification name assigned to an account holder by the Registrar under rule 58C;
“statement of novelty” means a statement made under rule 15;
“textile article” means textile or plastics piece goods, handkerchiefs, shawls or such other class of articles of a similar character as the Registrar may, from time to time, decide, for which the protection required is limited to features of pattern and ornament only.
(2) For the purposes of this Part —
“initial period of registration”, in relation to a relevant design;
“UK Act”; and
(3) Unless the context otherwise requires, the word “month”, wherever it occurs in any decision, direction or other document issued by the Registrar, means calendar month.
(4) Any period of time fixed by these Rules or by any decision, direction or other document issued by the Registrar for the doing of any act shall be reckoned in accordance with paragraphs (5), (6) and (7).
(5) Where the act is required to be done within a specified period from or after a specified date, the specified period begins immediately after that date.
(6) Where the act is required to be done within or not less than a specified period before a specified date, the period ends immediately before that date.
(7) Where the act is required to be done within a specified number of clear days before or after a specified date, at least that number of days must intervene between the day on which the act is done and that date.