—(1) The Authority or any person authorised by the Authority shall have the right to enter upon and take possession of any land or part thereof not being State land to construct road structures and road related facilities in, under or over the land and do all things as are reasonably necessary for the construction.
(2) The Authority or any person authorised by the Authority shall not exercise the right conferred by subsection (1) unless the Authority has given not less than 2 months’ notice of its intention to exercise the right conferred by that subsection to the occupier of the land and to every person having any estate, right, share or interest in the land.
(3) A notice under subsection (2) may be given to and shall be deemed to have been received by an occupier if the notice is affixed to a conspicuous part of the land to be entered.
(4) A notice referred to in subsection (2) shall —
give a brief description of the works which the Authority proposes to carry out on the land;
state the estimated period, if any, during which the land shall be occupied or possessed;
describe the area or extent of land needed for the carrying out of the works referred to in paragraph (a); and
state that any person entitled to compensation in connection with the exercise by the Authority of its right under this section may serve a written claim on the Authority in accordance with the provisions of the Land Transport Authority of Singapore Act 1995.
(5) The ownership of anything shall not be altered by reason only that it is placed in, under and over any land in exercise of a right conferred upon the Authority by this section.
(6) In this section, a reference to entry on land includes the digging or boring of a tunnel under the land and the erection of any structure on, under or over the land.