—(1) Where a person is convicted (whether in Singapore or elsewhere) of any offence involving fraud or dishonesty punishable with imprisonment for 3 months or more, he shall be subject to the disqualifications provided in subsection (3).
(2) Where a person is convicted in Singapore of —
any offence in connection with the formation or management of a limited liability partnership; or
any offence under paragraph 94 of the Fifth Schedule,
the court may make a disqualification order in addition to any other sentence imposed.
(3) A person who is disqualified under subsection (1) or who has had a disqualification order made against him under subsection (2) shall not act as a manager of a limited liability partnership.
(4) Where a disqualified person —
has been sentenced to imprisonment, the disqualifications in subsection (3) shall take effect upon conviction and shall continue for a period of 5 years after his release from prison.
(5) An application for leave to act as a manager of a limited liability partnership may be made by a person against whom a disqualification order has been made upon that person giving the Minister not less than 14 days notice of his intention to apply for such leave.
(6) On the hearing of any application under this section, the Minister may be represented at the hearing and may oppose the granting of the application.
(7) A person who contravenes a disqualification order under this section shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $10,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 2 years or to both.
(8) Without prejudice to section 53, a District Court may make a disqualification order under this section.