—(1) A registered design or any right in it is personal property and may be assigned or transmitted in the same way as other personal property.
(2) A registered design or any right in it may be vested by an assent of personal representatives.
(3) A licence may be granted for the use of a registered design and, to the extent that the licence so provides, a sub-licence may be granted under any such licence.
(4) Any such licence or sub-licence —
may be assigned or transmitted in the same way as personal property; and
may be vested by an assent of personal representatives.
(6) An assignment of a design or a right therein, or an assent relating to a registered design or a right therein, is not effective unless it is in writing and signed by or on behalf of the assignor or, as the case may be, a personal representative.
(7) Subsection (6) may be satisfied in a case where the assignor or personal representative is a body corporate by the affixing of its seal.
(8) Subsections (6) and (7) shall apply to an assignment by way of security as they apply to any other assignment.