—(1) The office of a member of the Medical Council shall become vacant if the member —
resigns his office;
is incapacitated by physical or mental illness;
becomes subject to any of the disqualifications specified in section 8;
without any good and sufficient reason, refuses to accept an appointment as a member of any committee appointed under section 11 or of the Credentials Committee or the Health Committee; or
has his appointment revoked before the expiry of the term for which he has been appointed.
(2) The Medical Council may, with the approval of the Minister, remove from office any member of the Medical Council who is absent without leave of the Medical Council from 3 consecutive ordinary meetings of —
the Medical Council; or
any committee appointed under section 11 or of the Credentials Committee or the Health Committee of which he is a member.
(3) Any question as to whether a person has ceased to be a member of the Medical Council shall be determined by the Minister whose decision shall be final.
(4) If any vacancy arises among the elected members, the Minister shall, as soon as practicable, appoint any registered medical practitioner resident in Singapore to fill that vacancy.
(5) If any vacancy arises among the appointed members, the Minister may appoint a person to fill the vacancy in the manner in which the appointment to the vacant office was made.
(6) Any person appointed to fill the vacancy shall hold office for as long as the member in whose place he was appointed would have held office.
(7) The Medical Council may act notwithstanding any vacancy in the Medical Council and no act done by or by the authority of the Medical Council shall be invalid in consequence of any defect that is afterwards discovered in the appointment or election or qualification of the members or any of them.