—(1) Subject to these Regulations, the degree of the disablement attributable to service of a member shall be assessed by making a comparison between the condition of the member as so disabled and the condition of a normal healthy person of the same age, without taking into account the earning capacity of the member in his disabled condition in his own or any other specific trade or occupation, and without taking into account the effect of any individual factors or extraneous circumstances; but where such disablement is due to more than one injury, a composite assessment of the degree of disablement shall be made by reference to the combined effect of all such injuries.
(2) The degree of disablement assessed in accordance with paragraph (1) shall be certified by way of a percentage, total disablement being represented by 100% (which shall be the maximum assessment) and a lesser degree or partial disablement being represented by such percentage as bears to 100% the same proportion as the lesser degree of disablement bears to total disablement, except in a case to which the Third Schedule applies.
(3) Where a disablement of a member who joined the Singapore Armed Forces before 15th March 1991 is due to any injury specified in the First Schedule or is a disablement so specified, and, in either case, has reached a settled condition, the degree of such disablement shall, in the absence of any special features, be certified for the purpose of these Regulations at the percentage specified in that Schedule as appropriate to that injury or to that disablement.
(4) Where a disablement of a member who joins the Singapore Armed Forces on or after 15th March 1991 is due to any injury specified in the First Schedule to the Work Injury Compensation Act (Cap. 354) or is a disablement so specified, and, in either case, has reached a settled condition, the degree of such disablement shall, in the absence of any special features, be certified for the purpose of these Regulations at the percentage equivalent to the percentage of loss of earning capacity specified in that Schedule as appropriate to that injury or to that disablement.
(5) Where a member has sustained a minor injury specified in the Third Schedule, he may be granted an award in accordance with that Schedule, whether his service is terminated or not.
(6) If a member has sustained an injury referred to in paragraph (5) as well as other disablement attributable to service, the degree of which is less than 100%, and a composite assessment of the degree of the disablement from both causes is no higher than the assessment for the other disablement alone, this regulation shall have effect so as to authorise an award under paragraph (5) in respect of the minor injury as well as an award under this Part in respect of the other disablement.
(7) The degree of disablement certified under this regulation shall be the degree of disablement for the purpose of any award in respect thereof in this Part.