—(1) The Postal Authority may, with the consent of or in accordance with the terms of any general authority given by the Minister, grant a licence (referred to in this Act as a postal licence) to any person or class of persons authorising the person or class of persons to do anything —
which would otherwise contravene section 4; and
which is specified in the licence,
and any such postal licence may be granted without conditions or subject to such conditions as the Postal Authority thinks fit.
(2) A licence granted under subsection (1) may be granted either to any person, class of persons or a particular person and may include (without prejudice to the power to impose conditions conferred by that subsection) conditions requiring the licensee —
to enter into agreements or arrangements with any person, class of persons or another postal licensee for —
the interconnection of, and access to, postal systems;
the sharing of installation or plant used for posts belonging to any postal licensee; and
such other purpose as may be specified in the licence,
on such terms and conditions as may be agreed to by the licensee and such other persons or licensees or, in default of agreement, as may be determined by the Postal Authority;
to pay to the Postal Authority a fee on the grant of the licence or to pay to the Postal Authority periodic fees during the currency of the licence or both, of such amount as may be determined by or under the licence;
to comply with any direction given by the Postal Authority as to such matters as are specified in the licence or are of a description so specified;
to comply with codes of practice and standards of performance that are applicable to the licensee; and
to do or not to do such things as are specified in the licence or are of a description so specified.
(3) Any payment required by subsection (2) to be rendered to the Postal Authority may be recovered by it in any court of competent jurisdiction as if it were a simple contract debt.
(4) No person shall question whether the grant of a licence under subsection (1) was, or was not, effected with the consent of or in accordance with the terms of a general authority given by the Minister, and the validity of a licence granted under that subsection shall not be impugned on the ground that it was granted neither with the consent of nor in accordance with the terms of a general authority given by the Minister.
(5) The grant of licences under this section shall be at the discretion of the Postal Authority.
(6) [Deleted by Act 34/2007 wef 24/08/2007]