—(1) Every application for registration shall be made in such form, and shall be accompanied by such documents, photographs, particulars and fees, as may be prescribed by the Council.
(2) Before registering an applicant, the Council may require the applicant to submit himself to a medical examination by a medical practitioner approved by the Council to determine if the applicant is fit to practise dentistry.
(3) The medical examination shall be at the applicant’s own expense.
(4) Subject to subsection (5), where a person has complied with subsection (1) and any requirement of the Council referred to in subsection (2), the Council shall register him as a dentist.
(5) The Council may refuse to register any applicant who, in the opinion of the Council —
is not of good reputation and character;
has had his registration as a dentist in any other country withdrawn, suspended or cancelled; or
is unfit to practise dentistry by reason of his physical or mental condition.
(6) Where the Council refuses to register an applicant, the Council shall by notice in writing inform the applicant of such refusal.
(7) Any person who is aggrieved by any refusal of the Council under subsection (5) may, within one month of the notice given under subsection (6), appeal to the Minister whose decision shall be final.
(8) For the purposes of subsection (1), the Council may prescribe different fees for different classes of applicants.