On 25/09/2017, you requested the version as published on or before 02/07/2010.
REPUBLIC OF SINGAPORE
Published by Authority
|NO. 15]||Friday, July 2||[2010|
The following Act was passed by Parliament on 26th April 2010 and assented to by the President on 10th May 2010:—
Constitution of the Republic of Singapore (Amendment) Act 2010
(No. 9 of 2010)
S R NATHAN,
10th May 2010.
Date of Commencement: 1st July 2010
An Act to amend the Constitution of the Republic of Singapore (1999 Reprint).
Be it enacted by the President with the advice and consent of the Parliament of Singapore, as follows:
1. This Act may be cited as the Constitution of the Republic of Singapore (Amendment) Act 2010 and shall come into operation on such date as the President may, by notification in the Gazette, appoint.
2. Article 9(4) of the Constitution of the Republic of Singapore (referred to in this Act as the Constitution) is amended by inserting, immediately after the words “be produced before a Magistrate”, the words “, in person or by way of video-conferencing link (or other similar technology) in accordance with law,”.
3. Article 39(1) of the Constitution is amended by deleting the words “not exceeding 6” in paragraph (b) and substituting the words “not exceeding 9”.
4. Section 18 of the Third Schedule to the Constitution is amended by deleting subsection (2).
5. Section 1 of the Fourth Schedule to the Constitution is amended —
by deleting subsection (1); and
by deleting the words “has so resolved under subsection (1)” in subsection (2) and substituting the words “first sits after any General Election”.