On 13/12/2017, you requested the version in force on 13/12/2017 incorporating all amendments published on or before 13/12/2017. The closest version currently available is that of 30/12/1999.
(Original Enactment: Act 8 of 1998)
REVISED EDITION 1999
(30th December 1999)
An Act relating to the observance of public holidays in Singapore.
[10th April 1998]
2. In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires —
“public authority” means any board or authority established by or under any written law to perform or discharge any public function;
“public holiday” means —
any of the days specified in the Schedule; or
any other day declared by section 4(2) or under section 5 to be a public holiday.
—(1) Subject to the provisions of this Act, the days specified in the Schedule are declared to be public holidays in Singapore.
(2) Subject to the provisions of this Act, if any day specified in the Schedule falls on a Sunday, the day next following not being itself a public holiday is declared a public holiday in Singapore.
—(1) The President may, by notification in the Gazette, declare any day in any particular year to be observed as a public holiday in Singapore in addition to, or in substitution for, any day specified in the Schedule.
(2) Where in any year 2 public holidays fall on the same day, the President may, by notification in the Gazette, declare any day in that year to be observed as an additional public holiday.
6. Nothing in this Act shall prevent or affect the validity of any agreement made between any employer with any of his employees giving the employee any other holiday or holidays in substitution for any one or more public holidays.
7. Subject to the provisions of any other written law, nothing in this Act shall render invalid any act or thing relating to any Government department or public authority, any judicial proceeding, any transaction, instrument or any other act or thing (whether or not of a similar kind) where it is done or executed on a Sunday or public holiday.
8. For the avoidance of doubt, it is hereby declared that no act or thing relating to any Government department or public authority, no judicial proceeding, no transaction or instrument and no other act or thing (whether or not of a similar kind) shall be invalid by reason only that it was done or executed on a Sunday or public holiday before 10th April 1998.