No. S 310
Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore Act 2009
Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (Service Charge) Order 2009
1. This Order may be cited as the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (Service Charge) Order 2009 and shall come into operation on 1st July 2009.
2. In this Order, unless the context otherwise requires —
“air navigation services” means services provided to air traffic during all phases of operations to ensure their safe and efficient movement, and includes —
air traffic control services, including air traffic control service for arriving or departing controlled flights, for controlled flights in controlled areas or for traffic within any manoeuvring area and other aerodrome traffic;
air traffic advisory services provided within advisory airspace to ensure separation, in so far as practical, between aircraft which are operating on flight plans in accordance with Instrument Flight Rules;
flight information services;
alerting services provided to notify appropriate organisations regarding aircraft in need of search and rescue aid, and to assist such organisations as may be required;
meteorological services for air navigation;
search and rescue services; and
aeronautical information services for the provision of aeronautical information and data necessary for the safety, regularity and efficiency of air navigation;
“airport licensee” means the holder of an airport licence for an airport;
“prime lending rate” means the average of the prime lending rates at any particular time of the Development Bank of Singapore Ltd, the Overseas-Chinese Banking Corporation Ltd and the United Overseas Bank Ltd;
“service charge” means any charge payable under this Order.
—(1) The airport licensees of the respective airports shall jointly pay to the Authority on 31st July 2009 and on the last day of each subsequent month the service charges specified in the Schedule for the air navigation services in that Schedule provided by the Authority in connection with the airports.
(2) The service charges specified in the Schedule are exclusive of the goods and services tax chargeable under the Goods and Services Tax Act (Cap. 117A) on the air navigation services in respect of which such service charges are payable.
(3) No abatement of any service charge shall be allowed in the event of any air navigation service being not available.
—(1) Where any service charge or part thereof is in arrears, the Authority shall be entitled to impose interest on the airport licensee concerned for the amount in arrears, at the rate of 3% per annum above the prime lending rate on the date the service charge or part thereof in arrears is payable.
(2) Such interest shall —
be payable from the day immediately following the date the service charge or part thereof is payable until all of the service charge in arrears is paid to the Authority; and
be calculated on the first day of each month on the amount of service charge or part thereof from time to time outstanding (together with interest) at the end of the immediately preceding month.
5. The Authority may, in its discretion, apply any moneys paid by an airport licensee firstly towards the payment of any interest payable under this Order and subsequently apply any balance thereof towards payment of any amount of outstanding service charge.
[CA.7.3.00117.0.15; LE/LGN/C1.09; AG/LEG/SL/41/2009/9 Vol. 1]