No. S 804
Criminal Procedure Code 2010
Criminal Procedure Code (Pleading Guilty by Electronic Means) Regulations 2010
1. These Regulations may be cited as the Criminal Procedure Code (Pleading Guilty by Electronic Means) Regulations 2010 and shall come into operation on 2nd January 2011.
2. For the purposes of section 226 of the Code and in these Regulations, “prescribed offence” means an offence to which that section applies, which is specified in the Schedule, and in respect of which an offer of composition has been made.
3. Any accused who commits any prescribed offence in respect of which the offer of composition has expired before acceptance may plead guilty in the manner set out in section 226 of the Code.
4. An accused pleading guilty to a prescribed offence at a computer terminal designated by the Registrar of the Subordinate Courts under section 226(2)(a) of the Code shall pay the fine under section 226(2)(b) of the Code using the electronic funds transfer system provided at the computer terminal.
5. An accused who wishes to plead guilty to a prescribed offence in the manner set out in section 226 of the Code must do so —
after the offer of composition in respect of the prescribed offence has expired; and
[LAW06/011/007 Vol. 46; AG/LLRD/SL/68/2010/8 Vol. 1]