On 22/09/2017, you requested the version in force on 15/09/2008 incorporating all amendments published on or before 10/02/2017.
01 January 1996
21 August 1998
01 January 1999
18 September 2008
30 June 2016
10 February 2017
Notaries Public Act
Notaries Public Rules
REVISED EDITION 1999
(1st January 1999)
[1st January 1996]
2. In these Rules ––
“Academy” means the Singapore Academy of Law constituted under the Singapore Academy of Law Act (Cap. 294A);
“affidavit” includes affirmation, statutory or other declaration;
“folio” means 100 words, each figure being counted as one word;
“oath” includes affirmation and declaration;
“Secretary” means the Secretary to the Senate;
“Senate” means the Senate of the Academy;
“swear” includes affirm and declare.
3. The fees payable to the Academy for appointment or reappointment of notaries public, and the fees payable to a notary public, shall be as set out in the First Schedule.
[S 460/2008 wef 15/09/2008]
4. Notaries public shall be appointed for a period of one year and may be reappointed for each subsequent year as the Senate may, in its discretion, decide.
—(1) Applications for reappointment as notaries public shall be lodged with the Secretary 2 clear months before the expiry of each preceding period of appointment.
(2) An applicant shall lodge with the Secretary an application for his appointment or reappointment as a notary public, setting forth ––
his date of admission to the roll of the Supreme Court and the number of years that he has been in practice;
whether he is or has ever been an undischarged bankrupt or has made an arrangement with his creditors;
whether he has ever been convicted of any offence;
whether he has ever been found guilty of any professional misconduct; or
6. The particulars of every notary public appointed by the Senate shall be registered with the Senate in a register maintained by the Secretary in such form as the Senate may determine.
—(1) Every notary public shall upon appointment or reappointment receive a certificate of appointment.
(2) Every notary public shall exercise his appointment or reappointment in accordance with the conditions stated in the certificate of appointment.
(3) Every notary public shall upon appointment or reappointment receive a notary’s stamp from the Academy specifying the expiry date of the appointment or reappointment.
(4) Every notary public shall stamp the expiry date of his appointment or reappointment on every document administered in exercise of his appointment or reappointment.
8. [Deleted by S 460/2008 wef 15/09/2008]