—(1) Any equipment to be used for connection to any telecommunication system or equipment belonging to a telecommunication system licensee shall be approved by the Authority before use.
(2) A person applying for an approval under this section may be required by the Authority to comply with such requirements as the Authority may think appropriate; and those requirements may include a requirement to satisfy some other person with respect to any matter.
(3) An approval under this section may apply either to particular equipment or to any equipment of a description specified in the approval, and may so apply either for the purposes of a particular telecommunication system or for the purposes of any telecommunication system of a description so specified.
(4) An approval under this section may specify conditions which must be complied with if the approval is to apply, for any purposes specified in the approval, to any telecommunication system or equipment which is so specified or is of a description so specified.
(5) Any such condition referred to in subsection (4) may impose on the person to whom the approval is given a requirement from time to time to satisfy some other person with respect to any matter.
(6) The Authority or any other person by whom any matter falls to be determined for the purposes of any requirement imposed in pursuance of subsection (2) or (4) may charge a fee in respect of the carrying out of any test or other assessment made by the Authority or other person.
(7) A public telecommunication licensee may, with the approval of the Authority (except in cases of emergency), cease or refuse to supply a telecommunication service to any person by means of a telecommunication system or telecommunication line operated by the licensee if, through the use of such telecommunication service, there is or is intended to be connected to the telecommunication system or telecommunication line, equipment or cabling that is a threat to —
the safety or proper functioning of the telecommunication system or telecommunication line; or
the safety of any person.