—(1) The Council may appoint from among its own members or from other persons such number of committees as it thinks fit for purposes which, in the opinion of the Council, would be more expediently carried out or managed by means of such committees.
(2) The Council may, from time to time, alter or discharge any committee appointed under subsection (1), and define or vary the terms of reference of the committee.
(3) Subject to the provisions of this Act and to the control of the Council, each committee appointed under subsection (1) may regulate its procedure in such manner as the committee thinks fit.
(4) The Council may, subject to such conditions or restrictions as it thinks fit, delegate —
to any of its members, including the Chairman and Deputy Chairman;
to its Chief Executive, or any of its officers or employees;
to any committee appointed under subsection (1); or
to any other person as it thinks fit,
any of its functions, duties or powers under this Act or any other written law, except the powers to make subsidiary legislation and the power of delegation conferred by this subsection.
(5) Any function, duty or power delegated under subsection (4) to any committee or person may be performed or exercised by the committee or person in the name and on behalf of the Council.
(6) No delegation under this section shall prevent the performance, discharge or exercise of any function, duty or power by the Council.