—(1) Notwithstanding regulation 3, no withdrawal shall be made from a member’s medisave account for the payment of charges incurred for any renal dialysis treatment received on or after 1st December 2004 by any of the following dependants of the member, except with the approval of the Minister for Health or any person designated by the Minister for Health:
a grandparent who is a citizen or permanent resident of Singapore;
the spouse; or
a child above the age of 18 years.
(2) Notwithstanding anything in these Regulations but subject to regulation 24, where a member or his dependant has received renal dialysis treatment, the amount that may be withdrawn by him from his medisave account for the payment of such treatment shall not exceed —
in the case of haemodialysis at any approved centre, a sum of $450 per month per patient;
in the case of continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis, a sum of $450 per month per patient for payment of the purchase of any approved consumables and any fees for outpatient training to administer the dialysis;
in the case of haemodialysis received at the member’s home, a sum of $450 per month per patient for payment of the purchase of any approved consumables;
in the case of renal dialysis treatment received by the member as an in-patient in an approved centre or approved hospital, the sum permitted to be withdrawn under regulation 5;
the total expenditure for —
the renal dialysis treatment; or
payment of the purchase of any approved consumables and any fees for outpatient training to administer dialysis; or
the total credit balance in the member’s medisave account,
whichever is the lowest.
(3) Where any dependant of a member referred to in paragraph (1) has received renal dialysis treatment on or after 1st December 2004, the withdrawal from the member’s medisave account shall, in addition, be subject to such terms and conditions as the Minister for Health may impose.
(4) Notwithstanding paragraph (2), no withdrawal of any amount shall be permitted under this regulation for the payment of any of the following:
any consultation fee incurred by the member;
the purchase of an ultra violet machine for sterilization;
the purchase of a dialysis machine; or
the purchase of any other related equipment.
(5) In this regulation, “approved consumables” means any of the following:
continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis bag;
arterio venous blood line;
arterio venous fistula needle;
intervenous infusion set;
normal saline or bicarbonate solution or biofiltrate; and
any other item approved by the Minister for Health for the purpose of this regulation.
(6) All moneys authorised to be withdrawn by the Board under this regulation shall be paid by the Board direct to the approved centre or approved hospital from which the claim for payment is made.