Previous | Next
—(1) Every application for a work pass shall —
where the work pass belongs to any category of work passes prescribed by the Minister, be made by a person prescribed for that category of work passes;
be in such form as the Controller may determine;
be accompanied by the prescribed fee, if any; and
be accompanied by such information, statements and documents as the Controller may require.
(2) On receipt of an application under subsection (1), the Controller may —
issue a work pass, with or without conditions —
if the prescribed fee has been paid; and
refuse to issue any work pass.
(3) A work pass may, on payment of the prescribed renewal fee, be renewed by the Controller for such period as the Controller may determine, starting from the day immediately following the day on which the work pass would have expired but for that renewal.
(4) The Controller may at any time —
vary or revoke any of the existing conditions of a work pass or impose new conditions;
vary, suspend or revoke a work pass;
reinstate a work pass which has been suspended or revoked, if the prescribed fee has been paid; or
debar any person from applying for or being issued with a work pass for such fixed period of time as may be determined by the Controller.
(5) Any person who is aggrieved by a decision of the Controller under subsection (2), (3) or (4) may appeal to the Minister, whose decision shall be final.
(6) There shall be no judicial review in any court of any decision or act of the Minister or the Controller under this section, except in regard to any question relating to compliance with any procedural requirement of this Act governing such decision.
(7) In subsection (6), “judicial review” includes proceedings instituted by way of —
an application for a Mandatory Order, a Prohibiting Order or a Quashing Order;
an application for a declaration or an injunction;
an Order for Review of Detention; and
any other suit or action relating to or arising out of any decision made or act done in pursuance of any power conferred upon the Minister or the Controller by this section.