—(1) The Staff Disciplinary Committee may, after considering any report made by the preliminary inquiry committee under regulation 3(5), cause proceedings to be taken under this regulation and regulations 5 to 12.
(2) The employee shall be notified in writing by the Staff Disciplinary Committee of the grounds, which shall be reduced to the form of a definite charge or charges, upon which it is intended to dismiss him or to reduce his rank.
(3) The employee shall be given not less than 7 working days within which to exculpate himself in writing, and he shall also be notified in writing of any other circumstances which it is proposed to take into consideration.
(4) If the employee submits an exculpatory statement which is not satisfactory, the Staff Disciplinary Committee shall appoint a disciplinary proceedings committee to inquire into the matter and to submit a report to the Staff Disciplinary Committee.
(5) The disciplinary proceedings committee shall consist of the following:
a member of the staff of the Singapore Polytechnic;
a public officer; and
one other person.
(6) A person who sits as a member of the preliminary inquiry committee in the preliminary inquiry on any case shall not sit as a member of the disciplinary proceedings committee in any subsequent proceedings on that case.
(7) Every member of the disciplinary proceedings committee shall be notified of his appointment by the Principal.