—(1) There shall be established a Street and Building Names Board (referred to in this Part as the SBNB) consisting of a Chairman and not less than 2 other members all of whom shall be appointed by the Minister.
(2) The SBNB shall have the following functions and duties:
to determine the name by which any building, estate or street shall be known, or to alter the name of any building, estate or street;
such other functions and duties as may be conferred by this Act on the SBNB.
(3) The Chairman and the other members of the SBNB shall hold office for such period as may be determined by the Minister and shall be eligible for reappointment.
(4) The Minister may, without assigning any reason, remove from office any member of the SBNB.
(5) All matters coming before the SBNB at any meeting shall be decided by a majority of votes of the members present, and in the event of an equality of votes, the Chairman shall have a casting vote.
(6) Any person aggrieved by any decision of the SBNB may, within 21 days of the date of the written notice of the decision, apply in writing to the SBNB to review the decision, stating the grounds on which his application is based.
(7) Any person who is dissatisfied with the decision of the SBNB after a review under subsection (6) may, within 21 days of the date of the written notice of the decision, appeal in writing to the Minister stating the grounds on which his appeal is based.
(8) The Minister may confirm, vary or rescind the decision referred to him under subsection (7) and the decision of the Minister shall be final.
(9) Except for its function and duty referred to in subsection (2)(a), the SBNB may authorise any officer in the employment of a statutory authority which has been approved by the Minister for the purpose of this subsection to assist the SBNB in performing any of the functions and duties of the SBNB under this Act.