—(1) Notwithstanding any other provision of this Act, if it appears to the Minister to be necessary in the public interest to do so, the Minister may, after consultation with the Authority —
revoke any order made under section 2(2); or
cancel any casino licence,
and give such directions to the Authority or the casino operator concerned as are necessary to give effect to the revocation of the order or the cancellation of the casino licence, as the case may be.
(2) The Authority or casino operator, as the case may be, shall give effect to any direction given by the Minister under subsection (1).
(3) Where the Minister has revoked an order under subsection (1)(a), any casino licence granted for a casino on the site to which that order relates shall be deemed to be cancelled.
(4) The Minister shall pay such fair compensation as the Minister may determine for any damage caused to the casino operator concerned by reason of the revocation of the order or cancellation of the casino licence by the Minister under subsection (1).
(5) If the amount of compensation to be paid under subsection (4) is disputed by the casino operator, the dispute shall be referred to arbitration, and parties shall be deemed as having submitted the dispute to arbitration under the Arbitration Act (Cap. 10) to be decided in accordance with Singapore law.
(6) Any sum required by the Minister for paying compensation under subsection (4) shall be paid out of the Consolidated Fund.
(7) If any doubt arises as to whether any act done under this section was in the public interest, a certificate signed by the Minister shall be conclusive evidence of the matters stated therein.
(8) Any decision of the Minister under subsection (1) shall be final.
[Telcom. Act, s. 5]