—(1) The Deputy Commissioner of Police, with the concurrence of the Minister, may by order published in the Gazette prohibit or restrict, subject to such exceptions and conditions as to occasional user or otherwise as may be specified in the order, the driving of vehicles or of any specified class or description of vehicles on any specified road within Singapore in any case in which he is satisfied that —
any such vehicles cannot be used or cannot without restriction be used on that road without endangering the safety of the vehicles or the persons therein or of other persons using the road; or
the road is unsuitable for use or for unrestricted use by any such vehicles.
(2) The Deputy Commissioner of Police, with the concurrence of the Minister, may make an order under this section, not inconsistent with the rules, for any of the following purposes:
the specification of the routes to be followed by vehicles;
the prohibition or restriction of the use of specified roads by vehicles of any specified class or description either generally or during particular hours;
the prohibition of the driving of vehicles on any specified road otherwise than in a specified direction;
otherwise in relation to the regulation of traffic;
the prohibition or regulation of the use of any road or any part thereof for the display, hire or sale of any vehicle or animal.
(3) No order shall be made under subsection (2) with respect to any road which would have the effect of preventing such access as may reasonably be required for vehicles of any class or description to any premises situated on or adjacent to the road.
(4) An order made under this section and expressed to be a temporary order shall remain in force for such period not exceeding 3 months as may be specified therein.
(5) An order not expressed to be temporary shall be presented to Parliament as soon as possible after publication in the Gazette and may be annulled or amended by a resolution of Parliament.
(6) Any person who uses a vehicle or causes or permits a vehicle to be used in contravention of an order made under this section shall be guilty of an offence.