—(1) No person —
attending a primary or secondary school as a student;
who is an undischarged bankrupt; or
who is not a citizen of Singapore,
shall take part in any election activity.
(1A) An individual who is not a citizen of Singapore shall not knowingly publish or display, or knowingly cause or permit to be published or displayed, any election advertising in or among any electors in an electoral division during the period beginning with the day the writ of election is issued for an election and ending with the start of the eve of polling day at the election.
(2) No person shall conduct any election activity unless he is in possession of a written authority signed by a candidate or his election agent in Form 22 or Form 23, as the case may be, in the First Schedule; and such authority shall be issued only on or after the day of nomination.
(3) Every candidate and election agent shall supply particulars in duplicate of all written authorities issued by him under subsection (2) to the Returning Officer, who shall on receipt thereof forward a copy of those particulars to the Commissioner of Police.
(4) A candidate or election agent shall, if so required by the Commissioner of Police, immediately withdraw and deliver to the Returning Officer the written authority given by the candidate or election agent to any person who is stated by the Commissioner of Police to be a person in respect of whom an order has been made under section 30(b) of the Criminal Law (Temporary Provisions) Act.
(5) Any person who contravenes any of the provisions of this section shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $2,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 12 months or to both.
(6) No candidate or election agent shall authorise any person to conduct an election activity, knowing or having reason to believe that the person is attending a primary or secondary school as a student or that an order has been made in respect of the person under section 30(b) of the Criminal Law (Temporary Provisions) Act (Cap. 67).
(7) Every offence under this section for contravening subsection (1), (1A) or (2) shall be an arrestable offence within the meaning of the Criminal Procedure Code 2010 (Act 15 of 2010).
(8) For the purposes of this section, “election activity” includes any activity which is done for the purpose of promoting or procuring the election of a candidate at any election other than clerical work wholly performed within enclosed premises.
(9) Nothing in this section shall prohibit the carrying out by any prescribed person, or person in a prescribed class of persons, of such type of work as is prescribed, being work that is performed solely pursuant to a contract for service entered into with a person authorised to conduct election activity under this section.