—(1) The Registration Officer shall, as soon as conveniently may be after the claims and objections have been adjudicated upon, certify the register of electors for each electoral division in Form 7 in the First Schedule.
(1A) The Registration Officer may certify any register in accordance with this section during the pendency of any appeal under section 12 but shall thereafter insert in or expunge from the certified register the name of any person in accordance with the decision of the Revising Officer on the determination of the appeal.
(2) Nothing in this Act shall be deemed to prohibit the Registration Officer, within 7 days after certifying any register, from correcting any clerical or other error therein.
(2A) Any correction under subsection (2) does not affect the entitlement of any person to have his name included or retained therein.
(3) Notwithstanding subsections (1), (1A) and (2), the Registration Officer shall, from time to time, on being informed by the Registrar of Citizens that any person has ceased to be a citizen of Singapore under the provisions of the Constitution, or on being informed by the Registrar-General of Births and Deaths that any person is dead, expunge the name of the person from any register of electors.
(4) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Act, the Registration Officer may, at any time after certifying any register of electors for any electoral division, except between the issue of a writ of election under section 24 and polling day appointed for election in that division, remove from the register the name of any person where the Registration Officer has reason to believe that the address of that person as shown in the register has ceased to exist or to be used as his place of residence or his contact address.
(4A) Where the person whose name has been removed under subsection (4) has notified the Commissioner of National Registration in writing of his change of address or contact address at the time of the removal of his name, the Registration Officer shall transfer the name of that person to the appropriate register.
(5) The Registration Officer shall not remove or transfer any name under subsection (4) or (4A) unless at least 2 weeks before making the removal or transfer, a notice has been given in the Gazette that he proposes to make the removal or transfer and that a list of the names of persons affected is available for inspection at such time and place or places as may be specified in the notice.
(5A) A notice for the purpose of subsection (5) may contain such particulars as the Registration Officer thinks sufficient and appropriate without specifying the names of persons who will be affected by the proposed removal or transfer.
(6) Subject to subsection (7), the Registration Officer shall have power where any name from any register has been removed by him under subsection (4) —
to restore the name to the register if the removal has been made by mistake or through inadvertence; or
to enter the name in the appropriate register on the application of the person whose name has been removed and has not been transferred to the appropriate register at the time of the removal.