—(1) Subject to the provisions of this Act, every application for an approval for the purposes of section 24, 26, 30 or 31 shall be —
made to the Commissioner in such form and manner as the Commissioner may require;
accompanied by such plans of the works to which the application relates, and such other documents, as the Commissioner may require; and
accompanied by such non-refundable application fee as the Commissioner may require which shall be paid in the prescribed manner.
(2) The Commissioner may require the plans referred to in subsection (1)(b) —
to be made or certified by a qualified person appointed by the person for whom the works are or are to be carried out; and
to show such details or specifications as the Commissioner may determine.
(3) Upon receipt of an application referred to in subsection (1) in respect of any works, the Commissioner may, subject to subsection (4) —
refuse to grant approval; or
grant approval unconditionally or subject to such conditions as he thinks fit.
(4) The Commissioner shall not grant any approval under section 30(1) unless —
(5) Where the plans referred to in subsection (1)(b) are certified by a qualified person, the Commissioner may, on the basis of such certification and without checking those plans, issue an approval in respect of the works, except that nothing shall prohibit or prevent the Commissioner from carrying out random checks on any of the plans referred to in subsection (1)(b) before approving the works.
(6) Where an approval has been granted under subsection (3) in respect of plans submitted under subsection (1)(b) and the applicant intends to depart or deviate from the plans approved, he shall apply to the Commissioner for his approval of the plans showing the proposed departure or deviation, and subsections (2) to (5) shall apply, with the necessary modifications, to an application for an approval under this subsection.
(7) Any approval granted in respect of any works under this section shall automatically lapse —
if the works are not commenced within the period specified in the approval.
(8) The Commissioner may, at any time, by notice in writing revoke any approval granted under subsection (3) if he is satisfied —
that any information given in the application for the approval or any document submitted to the Commissioner in respect of the application is false in a material particular; or
that the person has failed to comply with any condition imposed by the Commissioner under subsection (3).