—(1) All premises referred to in section 22 shall be surrounded by a planting area measuring —
not more than 2 metres wide, except as otherwise specified in paragraph (b); and
not more than 5 metres wide from the front boundary of the premises adjoining or abutting a public street.
(2) Without prejudice to subsection (1), all premises referred to in section 22, and such other premises as may be prescribed under subsection (3), shall be provided with such other planting areas within the premises as the Minister may, by notification in the Gazette, prescribe under subsection (3).
(3) The Minister may, for the purpose of enhancing greenery and promoting the use of trees and plants as important elements of streetscapes and landscapes, by notification in the Gazette, prescribe different dimensions (including the location and site specifications) of planting areas for different classes or descriptions of premises, whether or not the premises are those referred to in section 22.
(4) All planting areas shall be made up in accordance with the specifications of the Commissioner.
(5) Every notification made under subsection (3) shall be presented to Parliament as soon as possible after publication in the Gazette.
(6) For the purposes of this section, the dimensions of a planting area shall be measured along the ground.