—(1) The Director may summon any person who he has reason to believe can give any information —
regarding any place which he has reasonable cause to believe is being used as a brothel, a place of assignation or for the purpose of prostitution.
(2) The person so summoned shall attend at the time and place specified in the summons and shall produce all documents in his custody, possession or control relating to the woman or girl or place, as the case may be, and shall answer truthfully all questions which the Director may put to him respecting the woman or girl or place or in any way relating to the matter being inquired into, and where the inquiry relates to any woman or girl, the person shall also, if so required by the Director, produce the woman or girl, unless the person is able to satisfy the Director that he is unable to do so.
(3) The Director shall be deemed to be a public servant within the meaning of the Penal Code (Cap. 224) and may administer oaths to and examine on oath any person summoned before him for the purposes of this Part.
(4) Any person summoned who fails to attend at the time and place specified in the summons or to do any of the other acts referred to in subsection (2) shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $500 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months or to both.
(5) The Director shall not be compellable in any judicial proceedings to answer any questions as to the grounds of his decision or belief in any case dealt with by him under this Part or as to anything which came to his knowledge in any inquiry made by him as Director.
(6) The Director may, during or after such inquiry as is referred to in subsection (2), arrest or cause to be arrested any person whom he has reasonable cause to believe to be liable to prosecution for any offence under this Part committed in respect of the woman or girl or place, and may seize and detain any article, book, document or account which he may have reason to believe to relate to such offence.