Matters for Which Provision Must be Made in the Rules of Every Mutual Benefit Organisation
1. The name of the organisation and the place of office of the organisation.
2. All the objects of the organisation and the conditions under which any member or subscriber may become entitled to any benefit.
3. The manner of making, altering, amending and rescinding the rules:
Provided that no alteration may take place which would reduce benefits provided by the rules without the approval of three-fourths of the total of the members or subscribers obtained by means of a ballot vote.
4. The election and removal of office bearers, including the secretary, treasurer, trustees and other officers of the organisation.
5. The supplying of a copy of the rules of the organisation to every member or subscriber.
6. The custody and investment of the funds of the organisation and the designation of the officers responsible therefor and the annual or periodical audit of the organisation’s accounts.
7. Inspection of the books and register of names of members of or subscribers to the organisation by any person having an interest in the funds of the organisation.
8. The keeping of a register with particulars of the age, name and address of any member or subscriber and the nominee (if any) of the member or subscriber to the organisation.
9. The minimum number for a quorum for general meetings and committee meetings, such minimum number to be not less than 3 times the total number of the members of the committee in the case of general meetings and not less than one-half of the total number of the members of the committee in the case of committee meetings.
10. The manner of deciding a dispute between —
a member or subscriber or person claiming through a member or a subscriber or under the rules of a registered organisation and the organisation or an officer thereof; and
any person aggrieved who has ceased to be a member of a registered organisation or any person claiming through such aggrieved person and the organisation or an officer thereof.