6. The principal Rules are amended by inserting, immediately after rule 8, the following rule:
—(1) Where a person makes a report to the Director-General that he was bitten by a dog, the Director-General may require the person to provide a medical report relating to his injury for the purposes of investigation.
(2) Where a person makes a report to the Director-General that an animal belonging to him or under his charge was bitten by a dog, the Director-General may require the person to provide a veterinary report relating to the animal’s injury for the purposes of investigation.
(3) The Director-General or an authorised officer may in writing direct the licensee of any dog that is reasonably believed to have bitten a person or another animal to deliver the dog as well as the whole or any sample of any article or substance which has been in contact therewith to an authorised examiner at a specified place and time.
(4) The Director-General may, having regard to all the circumstances of the case and the severity of the injury caused to any person or animal by a dog as a result of biting, in his discretion direct the licensee of the dog involved to —
comply with all or any of the requirements specified in rule 8(1) or (2); and
secure the premises where the dog is kept to prevent the escape of the dog from the premises.
(5) Any licensee who is given a direction by the Director-General under paragraph (3) or (4) shall comply with that direction.
(6) This rule shall apply only to cases of dog bites occurring on or after 15th November 2010.”.