—(1) Subject to the following provisions of this Rule, the Rules of the Subordinate Courts [1993 Ed.] and Rules of the Supreme Court [1990 Ed.] are hereby repealed.
(2) The transitional provisions and savings set out in the Schedule to this Order shall have effect.
(3) Subject to this Rule, these Rules shall have effect in relation to all proceedings in the Supreme Court and Subordinate Courts, in so far as the matters to which these Rules relate are within the jurisdiction of those Courts and, unless the Court otherwise orders, apply to any pending proceedings therein.
(4) These Rules shall not apply to proceedings of the kind specified in the first column of the following Table (being proceedings in respect of which rules may be made under the written law specified in the second column of that Table), except for the provisions specified in the third column of that Table:
Written Law Applicable
1. Bankruptcy proceedings.
Bankruptcy Act (Chapter 20), s.166.
2. O. 1, r. 2 Proceedings relating to the winding up of companies.
Companies Act (Chapter 50), s.410.
Parliamentary Elections Act, s.100.
4. Proceedings under Part I of the Mental Disorders and Treatment Act (Chapter 178).
Mental Disorders and Treatment Act, s.62.
5. Proceedings under Part X of the Women’s Charter (Chapter 353) (except appeals to the Court of Appeal).
Women’s Charter, s.139.
Order 63A and items 70B, 71, 71D to 71I and 79 of Appendix B.
6. Criminal Proceedings.
Criminal Procedure Code (Chapter 68).
7. Proceedings relating to the winding up of limited liability partnerships.
Limited Liability Partnerships Act 2005 (Act 5 of 2005), s.57.
(a) Order 63A and items 71D to 71I and 75 of Appendix B; and
(b) Order 96, Rule 3(2).
(5) In the case of the proceedings mentioned in paragraph (4), nothing in that paragraph shall be taken as affecting any provision of any rules (whether made under the Act or any other written law) by virtue of which these Rules or any provisions thereof are applied in relation to any of those proceedings.