—(1) A child who —
is born in Singapore on or after 15th January 2005; and
is not a citizen of Singapore at the time of his birth,
shall be deemed to be issued with a special pass authorising him to remain in Singapore.
(2) A special pass referred to in subsection (1) shall be valid for 42 days from the date of the birth of the child and may be extended for such period as the Controller thinks fit.
(3) An application to renew a special pass referred to in subsection (1) —
shall be made —
in the case of a legitimate child, by the father or mother; or
in the case of an illegitimate child, by the mother; and
shall be in such form as the Controller may determine.
(4) Upon an application made under subsection (3), the Controller may extend the special pass or issue the child with such permit or other pass as the Controller thinks fit.
(5) The father or mother in the case of a legitimate child, or the mother in the case of an illegitimate child, shall ensure that the child referred to in subsection (1) does not remain in Singapore after the expiry of the special pass or, where a permit or pass has been issued to the child under subsection (4), the expiry of the permit or pass, as the case may be.
(6) Any person who contravenes subsection (5) shall be guilty of an offence.