—(1) A Court shall, unless it is of the opinion that it would be inappropriate to do so, include in every award a provision for the settlement of disputes between persons and trade unions bound by the award while the award is in force arising out of the operation of the award including provision for the reference of those disputes to a referee.
(2) The referee mentioned in subsection (1) shall be a person to be chosen in a manner provided by the award from among the persons referred to in subsection (3) and the decision of the referee shall have effect as if it were a term of the award.
(3) The Minister shall appoint persons whom he considers suitable as referees and the names of such persons shall be published from time to time in the Gazette and those referees shall be eligible for reappointment.
(4) The appointment of referees shall be liable to be revoked at any time by the Minister but they shall, unless their appointment is so revoked or they resign in the meantime, hold office for a term of 2 years.
(5) The decision of the referee under subsection (1) shall be given within 3 weeks after the completion of the hearing of the trade dispute or matter unless the President otherwise directs.
(6) An appeal shall lie from the decision of the referee to the Court and the decision of the Court on such appeal shall be final and conclusive.
(7) An appeal under subsection (6) shall be made in the prescribed manner within 14 days from the date of the decision of the referee.