—(1) For the purpose of hearing and determining an application for a family exclusion order under section 158 or of making an exclusion order under section 165, the chairman of the Council shall, from time to time, constitute a Committee of Assessors consisting of —
a chairman, being a member of the Council; and
2 other members selected from the panel of assessors appointed under subsection (2).
(2) For the purpose of enabling a Committee to be constituted under subsection (1), there shall be a panel of assessors, the members of which shall be appointed by the Council.
(3) The panel shall consist of such number of persons as the Council may determine.
(4) A person appointed to the panel shall, unless his appointment is revoked by the Council under subsection (6) or he resigns, be a member of the panel for a period of 2 years or for such shorter period as the Council may in any case determine, but shall be eligible for reappointment.
(5) Where a person ceases to be a member of the panel, the Council shall, as soon as is reasonably practicable, take steps to fill the vacancy in the Committee of which he is a member, but the existence of any vacancy in the Committee shall not invalidate the acts of the Committee.
(6) The Council may at any time revoke the appointment of a member of the panel.
(7) There shall be paid to the members of the panel such salaries, fees and allowances as the Council may determine.
[Land Acquisition Act, s. 26]