On 22/09/2017, you requested the version in force on 22/09/2017 incorporating all amendments published on or before 22/09/2017. The closest version currently available is that of 02/01/2011.
27 December 1996
03 May 2005
4 of 2005
02 January 2011
25 June 2010
Act 15 of 2010
—(1) An application for an approval to carry out or cause the carrying out of any activity referred to in section 14(1), 18(1) or 19(1) shall be made to the Commissioner in such form and manner as may be prescribed.
(2) An application for an approval to carry out or cause to be carried out any activity referred to in section 14(1) or 18(1) may be made by a person having such estate or interest in the premises on which the tree or plant is growing as would enable him to cut the tree or plant.
(3) The Commissioner may require an applicant to furnish him with such further information or documents as he considers necessary in relation to the application for approval.
(4) The Commissioner may, upon an application by any person for approval to carry out or cause to be carried out any activity referred to in section 14(1), 18(1) or 19(1) —
refuse to grant approval under this section; or
grant approval under this section unconditionally or subject to such conditions as he thinks fit.
(5) The Commissioner may, at any time, by notice in writing revoke any approval granted under this section if he is satisfied —
that any information given in the application for the approval or any document submitted to the Commissioner in respect of the application is false in a material particular; or
that the person has failed to comply with any condition imposed under subsection (4)(b).
(6) In determining whether to grant an approval to cut a tree or plant within a heritage road green buffer, the Commissioner may have regard to the following matters:
the visibility and contribution of the tree or plant in the surrounding landscape or streetscape;
the type and rarity of the species of tree or plant;
the number of trees or plants in the vicinity;
any heritage significance of the tree or plant;
whether the tree or plant may become dangerous or damage property or utility services; and
soil conservation and erosion issues.
[Parks and Trees 1996 Ed., s. 7 (1)]
History for Provision '20 Application for approval to cut trees and plants, etc.'.