—(1) Any person seeking to enter Singapore who is not entitled so to enter as a citizen of Singapore or by virtue of a valid pass to enter Singapore issued to him or seeking to remain in Singapore after he had ceased to be a citizen of Singapore or after the expiry of such a pass may make application in that behalf in the manner prescribed to the Controller or to such other person whether within or outside Singapore as the Controller may, from time to time, appoint for the purpose.
(2) Upon an application made under subsection (1) and upon payment of the prescribed fee, the Controller may issue to the applicant an entry permit in the prescribed form and shall, if the applicant is required by the provisions of any written law relating to passports for the time being in force in Singapore to have a visa to enter Singapore, issue a visa to the applicant on the production by him of his passport or other travel document and on payment of the fee prescribed by that written law, and the visa shall remain valid until the expiry or cancellation of the entry permit issued to him.
(3) The Controller may, in his discretion —
at the time of issuing an entry permit under subsection (2), impose any condition as he thinks fit; or
at any time after the issue of an entry permit under subsection (2), vary or revoke any condition to which the entry permit is subject or impose any condition thereto.
(3A) For the avoidance of doubt, the power of the Controller to vary, revoke or impose any condition under subsection (3)(b) may be exercised whether or not he is entitled to cancel the entry permit under this Act.
(4) Before varying, revoking or imposing any condition on an entry permit under subsection (3)(b), the Controller shall notify the holder of the entry permit of his intention to do so and shall give the holder an opportunity to be heard as to why the condition of his entry permit should not be varied or revoked or the additional condition should not be imposed.
[Act 18 of 2012 wef 19/12/2012]
(5) Any person who is aggrieved by the decision of the Controller under this section may, within 30 days of being notified of the decision of the Controller, appeal by petition in writing to the Minister whose decision shall be final.
(6) Any entry permit issued by the Controller before 15th January 2005 to any person who was in Singapore at the time he ceased to be a citizen of Singapore and who continued to remain in Singapore shall be deemed to have been validly issued and shall continue in force until it is cancelled.