Previous | Next
—(1) There is hereby established a body to be known as the Land Surveyors Board which shall be a body corporate with perpetual succession and a common seal, with power, subject to the provisions of this Act —
to sue and be sued in its corporate name;
to acquire and dispose of property, both movable and immovable; and
to do and perform such other acts as bodies corporate may by law perform.
(2) The Board shall consist of the following members to be appointed by the Minister:
a President who shall be appointed from amongst the registered surveyors;
3 registered surveyors selected from a list of not less than 4 registered surveyors submitted by the Singapore Institute of Surveyors and Valuers; and
such other registered surveyors, not being more than 3, as the Minister may determine.
(3) A member of the Board shall be appointed for a term not exceeding 2 years but may from time to time be reappointed, and may at any time be removed from office by the Minister.
(4) A person shall not be qualified to be appointed as a member of the Board under subsection (2) if —
he is not a citizen or a permanent resident of Singapore;
he is an undischarged bankrupt or has made any arrangement or composition with his creditors;
he has been convicted of any offence involving fraud, dishonesty or moral turpitude, or of any other offence implying a defect in character which makes him unfit for the surveying profession; or
he is mentally disordered and incapable of managing himself or his affairs or incapacitated by physical illness.
(5) The office of any appointed member of the Board shall become vacant if the member —
resigns or is removed from office; or
becomes in any manner disqualified for office within the meaning of subsection (4).
(6) The vacancy created under subsection (5) shall, as soon as practicable, be filled in the manner in which the appointment to the vacant office was made; and every person so appointed shall hold office for the residue of the term for which his predecessor was appointed.
(7) The powers of the Board shall not be affected by any vacancy in its membership.
(8) Any question as to whether a person has ceased to be a member of the Board appointed under subsection (2) shall be determined by the Board whose decision shall be final.