—(1) The competent authority shall determine whether a temporary development levy is payable in respect of any proposed development of land to be authorised by a temporary permission and, if payable, the amount thereof.
(2) The competent authority shall issue and serve a notice requiring the payment of the amount of temporary development levy on the person liable for the payment in accordance with subsection (3).
(3) The competent authority may, in his discretion, impose the temporary development levy on —
the owner of the land with respect to which a temporary permission is to be granted; or
the person who applied for the temporary permission.
(4) The liability of the person on whom the temporary development levy is imposed shall continue notwithstanding any change in ownership of the land.
(5) Notwithstanding section 13(2), the competent authority shall not grant any temporary permission until the temporary development levy payable under a notice under subsection (2) is paid to the competent authority.
(6) Notwithstanding the provisions of any other written law relating to the registration of any interest or encumbrance over land, any outstanding amount of temporary development levy shall be secured as a first charge against the land to which the temporary permission relates and shall, subject to any other rights of the Government, prevail over all other estates and interests whenever created.