—(1) If the Registrar, after holding an inquiry under section 79 or after making an examination under section 80 or on receipt of an application made by 75% of the members of a society present and voting at an extraordinary general meeting convened for the purpose, is of the opinion that the society ought to be wound up, he may issue an order directing it to be wound up.
(2) The Registrar may, of his own motion, make a winding-up order in respect of a society —
which has ceased working;
the membership of which is reduced to less than the minimum membership prescribed in section 5;
which has failed, for 2 or more consecutive years, to comply with the requirements of this Act with respect to the holding of annual general meetings or the submission of audited financial statements of the society; or
(3) No society shall be wound up except by an order of the Registrar.
(4) A member of a society may, within 2 months from the date of a winding-up order under subsection (1) or (2), appeal in writing against the order to the Minister and the decision of the Minister shall be final.
(5) When making a winding-up order under subsection (1) or (2), the Registrar may appoint a liquidator for this purpose and fix his remuneration.
(6) A liquidator shall not wind up a society until any appeal instituted under subsection (4) has been determined or until 2 months have elapsed from the date of the winding-up order, as the case may be.