—(1) An application for registration as a registered inspector shall be made in such manner and shall be accompanied by such documents and particulars as may be prescribed.
(2) No person shall be registered as a registered inspector unless he can satisfy the Commissioner that he possesses the prescribed qualifications and practical experience.
(3) Without prejudice to subsection (2), the Commissioner may refuse to register as a registered inspector an applicant who, in his opinion, is not of good character and reputation or unable to carry out the duties and responsibilities of a registered inspector under this Act or any regulations made thereunder.
(4) The Commissioner may appoint a committee of persons to assist him in considering applications for registration as registered inspectors.
(5) Where the Commissioner has registered a person as a registered inspector, the Commissioner shall issue to the person a certificate of registration.
(6) The Commissioner may cancel the registration of a registered inspector —
who is deceased;
who has contravened or failed to comply with section 6(1);
who is convicted of an offence involving fraud or dishonesty or an offence under this Act or any regulations made thereunder;
who, in the opinion of the Commissioner, is no longer in a position to carry out the duties and responsibilities of a registered inspector under this Act or any regulations made thereunder; or
whose name has been included in the register of registered inspectors by fraud or misrepresentation,
(7) Where the Commissioner cancels the registration of a registered inspector under subsection (6), he shall remove the name and particulars of the person from the register of registered inspectors and cancel any certificate of registration issued to the person under subsection (5) and the person shall, within 14 days of being notified of the removal, surrender to the Commissioner the certificate of registration and, if the person fails to do so, he shall be guilty of an offence.
(8) Any person whose application for registration as a registered inspector is refused, or who is dissatisfied with the decision of the Commissioner under subsection (6), may, within 14 days of being notified in writing of the refusal or the decision, appeal to the Minister whose decision shall be final.